Do not think me gentle because I speak in praise of gentleness, or elegant because I honour the grace that keeps this world. I am a [wo]man crude as any, gross of speech, intolerant, stubborn, angry, full of fits and furies. That I may have spoken well at times, is not natural. A wonder is what it is. (Wendell Berry)
Thursday, August 07, 2008
Top Ten Summer Foods
Victoria's Top Ten Summer Foods Extravaganza
1. Potato salad or macaroni salad with NO mustardy flavoring whatsoever.
2. Watermelon (me and my mom used to get a whole one and cut it in half and eat it like they were two bowls of watermelon.)
3. Ribs.. or really any pork products cooked outside with some sort of BBQ sauce... but not hotdogs.
4. Corn on the Cob
5. FUNNEL CAKES!
6. Good, ripe peaches. Goin to the country... gonna eat me a lotta peaches. PEACHES PEACHES IN A CAN! THEY WERE PUT THERE BY A MAN!
7. Strawberry shortcake. The kind with those frozen strawberries PLUS real ones so you get the sugary syrupy syrup with it and the "shortcake" made out of bisquick! MMM!
8. Popsicles. Not American ones- the ones you get from the kioskos in Madrid. There's this one kind that has like, this mangoey inside with these strips of other flavors spiraled around the outside... omagoodness.
9. ICEE's... NOT slurpies or slushies. Those are way different and, although they are good, they cannot touch a freshly made ICEE. I haven't had one in a really long time though. But I want one. Now.
10. I'm gonna go ahead and mention potato salad again because it is so delicious. I could eat a bowl of it for every meal during the months of May, June, July and August. But remember- NO mustard.