Do not think me gentle because I speak in praise of gentleness, or elegant because I honour the grace that keeps this world. I am a [wo]man crude as any, gross of speech, intolerant, stubborn, angry, full of fits and furies. That I may have spoken well at times, is not natural. A wonder is what it is. (Wendell Berry)

Friday, March 15, 2013

Five Years Later

Wow, this is bizarre. I was looking through blogs today for the first time in a really long time and I thought, hey, I'm gonna blog. I'm not sure anyone still reads my blog but this still feels therapeutic just the same. So, five years later... I'm 26, married for four years to the guy who gave me the Camel book and the ministry to Muslim women book in my last Victoria show, and drumroll please... I have two kids! Which is crazy! I never made it overseas. I'm still trying to see that as something other than a life failure, but some days it's really hard. I couldn't raise enough support, and after about 10 months of support raising I got married and then realized I was expecting shortly after and I sort of gave up the dream. At the time I felt it was the Lord's leading and so I guess I have to remind myself of that. I really, really hope and pray the Lord lets us go overseas someday though. I'm still living in North Carolina and my mom and sister are living close by, so that's cool. I also have two nephews! They're great. I don't know if the blogging thing will continue or not... We'll see.

1 comment:

Vicky M said...

Welcome back!